
The wait is almost over!!
*Decibal shattering EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
My sanity has held out this far! As I write, there are precisely 2 days, 9 hours, 15 minutes and 2 seconds remaining...no wait, make that 2 days, 9 hours, 14 minutes and 55 seconds...52!
Okay, okay. So my sanity is questionable.
I have read all 3 books in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight saga 4 times over (twice with my husband, bless his sweet, handsome heart, I love you Clint!) and hubby and I have read Meyer's "The Host" (which we absolutely loved!!) in the past month to fill in the ever decreasing gap between the official book release of Breaking Dawn and the current day!!
*gasp of breath!*
As it stands, BD will be released in exactly 2 days and Oh. My. Gosh. I cannot tell you how deliriously giddy and excited this makes me feel. As for hubby, he can't wait either!!
So, my good friend Kris Crandall, and my friend and nextdoor neighbour Heidi, who swore that she doesn't read but read all 3 books in a matter of 2 weeks(!), and a number of other deliriously giddy gals, and moi, are choofing over to Borders Bookstore at 11pm Friday eve (August 1st) to wait out the bewitching hour of midnight. At one minute past the bewitching hour, we will claim our already reserved titles of Breaking Dawn. We will then consider staying on to party with the rest of the Twilighters at the bookstore before heading over to a hotel that is reserved for our band of crazy, squealy group of Twilighter Moms to read Breaking Dawn - til the break of dawn! LOL!!
How does my sweet hubby and soul mate Clint fit in all of this? He has made the ultimate sacrifice by staying at home to watch the kidlets for me while I go and be a bit inane with my girly friends. And he actually took time off work both days to do this for me! And I didn't even have to twist his arm! He volunteered on his own!!
Now now, girls, he's all mine!! LOL!!!
I am one lucky gal for sure!!
One rule does stand however. As we are reading as a group of girly, giggly, silly Moms, once one person finishes a chapter, they must wait for the others to complete that chapter too before continuing. Can you imagine the dilemma a speed-reader would present in our situation? We just can't have someone bursting out in fits of laughter when they're 3 chapters ahead of everyone else!!
And you may ask, how much reading will one actually digest in a sitting of less than 11 hours in a room with a bunch of giggly girls poring over the words of the same book title?
Not much of course.
BUT! How fun will all this be, eh???? *hehehehehehehehe!!*
Okay, I'm already giddy and the day hasn't even arrived yet. LOL!!
So, to rectify this most horrifying conundrum of the aforementioned question proposed, I (for one) will return home, and re-read the entire contents of the novel with my hubby, thereby savouring all the delicious ingredients of the storyline bit by bit.
Savyy?
Hee-hee!! Too much fun!!
Ooohhhh!! I have more things to post, like Alora's "Before" and "After" shots of her hair and some fire pics from California!!
Back soon!!











1 comment:
Lis...a friend just called to tell me that the borders party begins at 9:30 and they are doing costume contests and discussions on who Bella should choose...you know who I would pick...ha!... anyway, thought you would want to know... have fun... it is probably best that I am not coming with you as I read very fast...and would not want to wait around for everyone to finish..haha selfish me... I got an email yesterday sying that my book was on its way and that I would receive it on the 2nd...yea!
Post a Comment