Friday, July 25, 2008

Lovely Brown Crackers!



Lately I'm finding that life likes to give things in small doses. Ofcourse only when It decides to. And never when we expect it.

Yesterday I was busily typing away in my office, content that my children were occupied by the yammerings of Goofy on tv while I worked on some emails. My darling son came up to me and handed me something small, brown and squishy. It looked an odd shade for the fistful of crackers he had been nibbling on. I caught a strange whiff. What was that bizarre smell?

I ran my eyes down his arm and stared at his grubby hands.

Grubby?

Uh-oh.

Traces of poop smeared up his arm and leaked out of his bulging diaper. Worst still, his binky held tell-tale traces of an experimental snack.

*Aauugghhh!!!*

MAY-DAY!!! I scooped him up in one quick stride and holding him as far away from me as I could manage, tanked to the bathroom, his legs dangling in mid air as he sucked nonchalantly away on his binky. I could just hear his little mind thinking that this was purely elementary behaviour in the Bell household! Frantic mother. Clueless child. Haha, if you can imagine it, we must have looked pretty funny!

I plunked him in the tub fully dressed and wrenched the hot and cold faucets around to their limits until water belched its way out at high velocity. As the water jetted into the tub and as Cougar endeavored to drown our bathroom by sticking his finger beneath the faucet and spraying the walls, myself included, I proceeded to peel off the poopy-ridden onesie that was now beginning to smell like my little brown and squishy "cracker".

*sigh* My little angel.

And that was definitely no cracker! LOL!!

Two days ago, I received the best phone call from my soul mate. He was being demo'd (demobilized) and he would be on his way home in the morning! As I type, he is only a few miles away from Phoenix. He and his crew have been driving all day today. I will see him in a couple more hours. I wasn't expecting him home until Sunday, so this is better than Christmas!

I'm soooooo happy he's finally coming home!!



Here is a pic of my beloved hubby playing Mr. Mom and being the biggest sweetheart cleaning our very messy livingroom on a laundry day. No wonder I can't live without him! Hee-hee!!

(OMGosh!! That room really is a mess!!! (See, Aubry? It DOES get messy around here, haha!) And when was the last time I straightened up the picture frames on the back wall? Umm........ LOL!!!)

There is saying from a prominent breakfast cereal company that says, "It's the [small and] simple things in life that are often the best".

And might I add, "And also the funniest!"

How true that is. :)

5 comments:

Sharon said...

This story made me laugh & reminded me of all the times I'd sprinted to the bathroom with a baby at arms length!! How can they still look so cute when covered in gooey stinky brown stuff!!

As for the cleaning, you can't produce such wonderful creations & have a clean house (with straight pictures lol!!)

Have a great weekend.

Sharon :-)x

P.S I have some of your stamps arriving this morning so am waiting to pounce on the poor unsuspecting postie lol!!

Katharina Frei said...

OMG Elisabeth!!! LOL I must admit that I had to laugh out loud while reading your very vivid story about those brwon "crackers" Sorry ;)
And I loooove the photo of Clint doing the household. You have a wonderful husband with him and you are blessed the same way I am :) (I have such photos of Marcel too, almost exaclty the same pose :) Without his help, I could never do and achieve what I love to do :)
Big Hugs my friend and enjoy him coming home after such a long time!!!
Katharina xxx

SugarBells said...

Hi Sharon, so true! One can only laugh at times like this. I often ask myself, "How can something so small be so stinky?" Referring to my son, not his stinky brown stuff! LOL!!

Poor postie but lucky you! I hope you have tons of enjoyment with your stamps! :)

*Big Hugs!!*

Elisabeth xx

SugarBells said...

Hello Katharina!

Haha!! That day was a total riot! When I look back to read these posts in the future when the kids are older, these memories will be real treasures.

It sounds like we both have phenomenal hubbies! I know what you mean about their help and our achieving of things. ;)

He came home late lastnight and we are going to enjoy our day today as a family. He took some awesome pics of some of the fires in California and I'll post those here soon. Big Big Hugs to you too my friend!!!

XXXXOOO

galen said...

oh ew ew ew ewwwwwwwewewewew!
nice, I had happen before. sounds like you handled it well. :)
love that pic of clint, he does mr mom so well!
love you!