Friday, June 6, 2008

A Bit Giddy!


I just watched one of Katharina's amazing tutorials and passed out, picked myself up from the floor, uprighted my office chair - and passed out again. Okay, just kidding!! :) But I did learn SO much in the space of just under 9 minutes from her tutorial!! OMGosh!! I can't believe how talented this woman is!!

Okay, so remember when I went to Michaels the other day and bought the inks? I actually bought more than 3 items (it's nigh to impossible to leave Michaels with 3 items or less, LOL!) and among my acquisitions, I'd picked up a couple of pencil blenders in the form of "pen brushes". As far as blending pencils, I've always used a pencil blender in the past to blend the pigments (sounds reasonable to me), so when I bought the two said funky items, I was rather clueless as to how to use them and what the results might be like. It really should have been a no-brainer (no-duh!). Rather, how embrarrassment! Haha!

So might I just say that Katharina's fantastic scalloped mini-card tutorial shed much light on this matter, and now I am atleast fifty times more informed than I was - ten minutes ago! So now I can't wait to use these awesome 3 bucks a pop blender pen brushes on my Prismacolor escapades!

On that note, Katharina, thank you so very much! There is no doubt in my mind (and there never was) why you are on the Sugar Nellie DT!! Along with Marlene and Tiets (and the other artists and myself - heehee!), there is no reason why we won't conquer the stamping world in nothing short of a heart beat! LOL!!

Oh, I love blogging on my personal, non-business, blog. I feel free to be completely open, random and a bit inane! :) Though admittedly I am in danger of sounding a little "sloshed". I'm really quite lucid actually. I don't drink alcohol, and my fave beverages are hot chocolate, Pepsi decaf, OJ and yup, water!

So now I have Marlene's tutorial to follow too using my inks! And as I look at Marlene's distress inks tutorial, I see she's using the same blender brush pen thingamabobbie! Oh, hahaha! LOL, Lis! I think I'm drunk! (but seriously, I'm completely sober, I don't drink) Just a little giddy and BLIND!!
...It must be the music. I just LOVE listening to Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance! I just want to jump up and dance with wreckless abandon and be completely, ridiculously giddy with my kids! I think it takes someone really secure (or mental) to say things like this, LOL!!!

Okay, off to do some more stuff involving drawing, less yammering.

Thanks for reading! Big hugs to you for that! And I hope you all don't think I'm too ditty, atleast not always anyway! :D

*Big big Hugs!!*

Elisabeth xx










No comments: