
Okay, so yesterday I went to Michaels as I'd planned, to spend a billion bucks (just kidding but wishful thinking!) on stamping stuff. I took my 7 year old with me, and let her have $5.00 to spend on anything in the exciting arts and crafts store. Ofcourse she was thrilled with the idea. My Alora is following in her Mummy's footsteps as she's already a truly amazing budding artist. So when her eyes fell upon all the offerings of Michaels, she pretty much went as crazy as her Mum!
I can't tell you how muddled I was when I was directed to the stamping aisle with all the stamping knick-knacks, scrapbooking material and inks. To say I was overwhelmed is an understatement! Thankfully I had a very helpful and friendly store assistant ("Maggie") to share some of her deep wisdom on stamping with me. She asked me what I intended to do with the materials and I told her I designed images for a stamping company in the UK. I'm not sure if she took me seriously at first, as she looked a little skeptical. LOL! But as she loves stamping and scrapbooking, she ended up getting excited and she gave me her email address so I could send her some info on Sugar Nellie and my Sweet Art Ebony stamp images. I told her I wanted to try my hand at colouring my images with inks (just like all you amazing stampers out there!) and that I was new to it and needed some help!
To cut a long story of uhmming and ahh-ing in the stamping aisle for almost one whole hour short (no wonder my husband loathes coming to Michaels with me), I finally decided on a few items. Almost an entire hour on just 3 things. LOL!!
As I've been wanting to try inking in my images, I had brought some suggestions for supplies that the amazingly talented Marlene had personally emailed to me (thanks Marlene!). I wanted to get some of the famous Distressed Inks that she as well as many other stampers use to create that bright, gorgeous watercolour effect on stamped images. But there weren't many in stock to choose from. So, rather disappointedly, I ended up buying some brushes and a pack of Inkabilities by Posh Impressions. I'm still clueless as to how they'll turn out, but I'm hoping it will do the trick to some degree. Since I won't be doing any "stamping" (as I already have the images, lucky me!), Maggie suggested I would get better use out of the pots of ink rather than a stamp pad. She's the expert so I went ahead with it.
Meanwhile, Alora, my 7 year old, was amusing herself in nearby craft aisles and finding the cutest stickers and rubber stamps etc. and loading our shopping cart waist high with her acquisitions. Haha! That's one way to keep yourself from boredom! Bless her patience! We ended up putting everything back though. Oh well.
So now I have some stamping materials (not the Distressed Inks yet, I still plan on getting them but may have to look online for more colour options), all I need to do is find the time to use them! LOL!!
On a completely different note, here is my schpeel on my fave author: I'm RIDICULOUSLY excited over Breaking Dawn coming out on August 2nd!! The first chapter of BD is already out in book stores in special editions of Eclipse. I know more than a dozen other people who LOVE this saga (my hubby included - we're reading the books together again for the second time - his second, my forth!) and we're all going to see the movie when it comes out December 12th!!! (EEEEEeeeeee!!!) I believe I'll take a trip to Borders bookstore and sit down in one of their cozy book nooks and curl up with a special edition of Eclipse to read the first chapter of BD. It won't be too difficult to wait just a couple of months for the rest of the book. Hey, I would have waited for almost a year for it in total. Others have been waiting longer. I pity them. I admire them. Stephenie Meyer is the most AMAZING author (well, she certainly has my vote and about a google-plex of others also) and I just went to her website and read up on the latest regarding Midnight Sun, Edwards perspective on Twilight (which is, conversely, Bella's perspective). Edward, ofcourse, is the dreamy and absurdly perfect speciman for a Vampire and any man (even my hubby loves him, LOL! so darn funny!!).
Okay, but the reality is (and let it be known), no matter how much I may "love" Edward, he doesn't come even a fraction close to my hubby who is entirely and maddeningly perfect for me, and it helps that he worships the ground I walk on. Heehee! (PHew! That should make him happy!! Haha!) And the fact that my Clint will sit down TWICE with me to read through all 3 books together just goes to show how perfect he really is!! How can a gal get so lucky??
Stephenie plans on writing Midnight Sun after Breaking Dawn has been released. AAAUUUGGGHHHH!!!! It's so thrilling, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
Breathe, Lis, breathe.
BTW, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, where on this beloved earth have you been?? Find out more here and go get Twilight and read for yourself. You'll be hooked, so look out!!
Love to you all! Will write again soon.
Lis xx











4 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
you crack me up lizzy!
have fun with those inks.
btw... I love your blog header, did you do that in photoshop?
Hiya Liz, how you getting on with the inks :D
you make me want to read the books!! I will so have a look for them :)
Hugs to you and your family.. have a fabulous weekend,
Marlene xx
Hiya Marlene! I haven't used the inks yet but I can't wait to - so excited! I keep buying things from Michaels for all these other projects that I really need to drop everything and just try the inks, LOL! I'll definitely let you know when I give them a shot! :)
Ooohh, yes, you'll LOVE the books!! I told my neighbour about them and bought her the first of the series for Christmas. She's not a reader and she was really skeptical. Finally after a few months, she decided to check the book out. She couldn't put it down, and in 2 weeks she had finished reading all 3 books!! Haha!! Now that's what I call a testament to how good they are!! :D When you get them, let me know what you think!
*Huggles!*
Elisabeth xx
Hey Galen! Thanks, I can't wait to try my hand at something new (OTHER than photoshop - haha!)
And yup, I did that banner in photoshop. Heeey, thanks for noticing! I'm feeling pretty cool about that! :D
Typing away listening to Lord of the Dance is so enlightening!! Woo-hoo, I'm feeling high!! :D
Love ya, sis!
xx
Post a Comment