
Where is it? As I type away with little Eden on my knee, I smile. The answer is quite obvious: right here with my hubby and little ones. My home. My family. Too true, I'm a hopeless Romantic. Undeniably and irrevocably. Utterly and absolutely convicted.
I can feel the Twilight books creeping in to my writing style! Haha!
Eden is hitting some mile stones. She is rolling over on her own (has been doing this for some time) and is becoming quite mobile during tummy time. One moment she's on one square of a blanket. The next, she's rolled right over by the television. She can also hold her own bottle up all by herself. What a big girl she is! This month she'll be 7 months old. We have a sneaky suspicion that she might be teething too. Time is flying. Too fast it seems at times for me.
Cougar got a major hair cut last week. His first big hair cut. Clint (Daddy) pulled out the clippers and gave him a number 3 up the top, and number 2 all around. I can now see his entire face! He reminds me of a miniature Avatar. All he needs now is an arrow on his forehead! LOL! He looks so cute!!! And so GROWN UP!!! I'm still trying to get used to his new look and I actually miss his hair. The lengthy black curly tresses made him look like a little boy. Now he looks like a big boy. And he's turning 2 in just under 2 weeks. I feel like my little boy has left me! *WAHHHHHHH!!!! SOBB!!!* Such a drama-mama I am.
Yesterday, Clint and I dropped the kids off at Grandma and Grandpa's and we went on yet another date! We had lunch at Applebees by the Park Place Mall, then caught the 2:35pm showing of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. We loved it!! Without giving anything away, the movie truly kept to the "Indiana Jones" style with all the far-out action (especially at the beginning of the movie), zany and far-fetched stunts and action sequences, crazy suspense and laugh-out-loud comedy. And perhaps the best part of all was this "episode" finally provided closure to the Indiana saga.
For those of us who've seen all 3 of the Jones' movies, there were lots of fun instances in this movie indigenous to the Indiana story line. Lots of fun to pick up on. All in all, the fourth and final of the saga provided great entertainment for all ages, especially for those of us who grew up with Speilberg's Indiana Jones; us old fogies would probably get more out of it than the younger generation. To illustrate, according to tabloids and statistics on Fandango, Kung Fu Panda rated highest on movie popularity and sales.
Which is but another movie hubby and I want to see too!
And finally, about 3 hours ago I looked at the calendar and in bold black letters in the box that read Sunday June 15th, the horrific reality bawked at me heralding the ghastly realisation of tomorrow: FATHERS DAY.
Did I have anything for Daddy? Nope. And after all that he'd done for me on my birthday as well as Mother's Day, I felt lower than than the lowest of the Low!
So I racked my brains (thank goodness I still have some) and haphazardly created a Sweetheart Award Certificate! Lame, I know. But I'll also bake choc chip cookies for him tomorrow too after we get home from church.
Alora created a big Father's Day card for Daddy using her markers and pencils and her amazing 7 year old drawings, mostly consisting of many miniature Spyros (the purple dragon from GameCube games). Alora's had a crazy fixation with Spyro for years. She also wrote that she wants to go swimming with Mari at Grandma's pool on Monday. Bless her little heart. She put the finished card on Clint's computer in our room. I just know that Daddy will love it!
In 4 days it will be Clint's birthday too, so we'll go out together then and get him a whopping good b'day prezzie. He wants a new dishwasher (our current one works insofar that it's a glorified dish rack) and since he does the dishes a lot, I think he deserves the extra help from an electric one.
Well, it's heading towards 8pm and the kids are all still awake. But not for long! MWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! As much as I love my little ones, I really do need that precious "Me" time!!
So finally, I get to go to my Happy Place! Clint's at work. :( Well, one of my Happy Places anyway...a good book and a warm cup of half hot chocolate and half Postum. And all the kids in bed. I don't care if they're still awake and raising the roof. Sounds awesome! Gotta go!
Love to you all!!!
*Big hugs n kisses!*
Lissy xx
BTW: The illustration is a Sneeky Peek of one of the pics that will be released in the next batch of stamps by Sugar Nellie. I'm very excited for it! Enjoy!











8 comments:
Hi Lis!! Only want to tell you the obvious, you design the most wonderful images!!:) They are just sooo sweet and beautiful.
Thanks for leaving me those sweet words about my card! It was an honour to get the designer's opinion!!;)
Hugs, C.
Hi Camilla,
Thanks for stopping by! And you are most welcome, your card is just beautiful!! And thank you for your big compliments on my images! :)
*Big Hugs*
Elisabeth xx
It is so good to have a blog by you now! I can see pictures of you guys anytime I want...I have the cute nieces and nephews. Love you!
hey, I like that little girl for Canberra's personal picture!!! I love reading your detailed blogs. Wish I could write like that!
Hey I like that girls hair and position for Canberra's little personal picture!! Have to remember this one! I love your blogs, I wish I could write like that!
Ooops. I did this twice cuz I thought it didn't go through. Just erase one of them!!! I'm a dork. See you for lunch.. I hope!
Hey Nana! I know what you mean, I have the cutest nieces and nephews too! ;) Love you back! xx
Hey-llo Happy Mama! Jannette, I love your profile pic! Yes, our lunch date is still on, I can't wait! I'm glad you like that picture and it gives you inspiration for Canberra. We can talk about it when we go out if you'd like. If you'd like to see some other ideas, you can see more on my site: http://www.zhibit.org/elisabethbell/sweet-art-saturday-sketches
These images haven't been turned into stamps yet, they're just ideas. But ten of my images have turned into stamps (for scrapbooking, card making etc) - with more designs on the way - and you can see some of the AMAZING creations so many avid stampers have done with them. Wow, they just blow my mind! You can see them here: http://www.zhibit.org/elisabethbell/sweet-ebony-cards
Anyway, can't wait to catch up! Oh, and thanks for the compliment on my blog writing. You're too cute!! :)
Post a Comment